History and Background
Born of the merger of two healthy, progressive older adult service agencies CommunitySeniorServ, Inc. is dedicated to serving as an advocate for Orange County's older adults, providing comprehensive services essential to their well-being and independence. Funding our core mission, our annual budget of $12 million allows us to provide vital safety net services to more than 11,000 senior citizens a year.
A thoughtful business decision in 2006 saw the merger of Feedback Foundation and Senior Meals and Services create a new agency with greater capacity, energy, resources, and vision for the sole purpose of meeting the increasingly diverse needs of the elderly population.
Our goal is to ensure sustainability to meet the growing demand for senior services and to reduce dependency on government funding. Community SeniorServ is one of the nation's largest elderly nutrition programs and a respected leader in the national aging network. Preparing and serving over 1.5 million meals a year to seniors at home and at 27 nutrition centers. That's over 5,000 meals every day.
Community SeniorServ is a nonprofit corporation, was incorporated in 1967 under the laws of the State of California and has been assigned a tax exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- 1967 Feedback Foundation, Inc. is established under the laws of the State of California and assigned a tax exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) by the IRS
- 1989 First Adult Day Health Care Center opens in Anaheim
- 1999 Shirley Cohen, Feedback Foundation founder, retires
- 2000 Ret Wixted named new agency executive director
- 2006 Feedback Foundation merges with Senior Meals and Services and the agency is renamed Community SeniorServ
- 2007 Meal production significantly increases for central kitchen as a result of the merger
- 2008 Ret Wixted, executive director retires, Randy A. Platt named CEO
- 2010 Randy Platt leaves organization and Holly Hagler named CEO
Did you know?
1,798 homebound clients received 800,000 home delivered meals last year and we are on pace to serve 850,000 meals this year.