Easter Break Advocacy: It’s Not Too Late!
Through April 23, your Senators and Representatives will be at home for Easter break! It’s not too late to tell them how you feel about the proposed elimination of SCSEP, the Community Development Block Grant, the Community Services Block Grant, Senior Corps programs (RSVP, Foster Grandparents, Senior Companions) and other programs which serve seniors—and about how much our programs need increases in funding next year.
What You Can Do:
1) Send emails to your Representative and Senators today about the devastating impact that elimination of SCSEP, Senior Corps and the Block Grants would have on our programs and about the need for increased funding in FY 2018. Go to nanasp.org/take-action and fill out the form—it takes just two minutes!
2) Place a quick call to your Representative and Senators today about the devastating impacts of elimination and about the need for increased funding. Go to nanasp.org/take-action for an easy script and contact information. If you get a busy signal in DC, keep trying, or contact their district office instead.
3) Get active on social media. Tweet to your Members of Congress and post on their Facebook pages about the budget. You can find links to your officials’ Facebook pages and Twitter handles here by searching the database.
It takes 1 minute to help seniors nationwide.
Click below & urge Congress
to increase 2017 OAA Nutrition Program funding to eliminate Meals on Wheels wait lists.
Click here to contact your representative.
Call your representatives regarding the sustained funding of The Older Americans Act - Senior Nutrition Programs
Your Orange County Representative's contact information can be found here:
Click for: OC Representatives
The Importance of the Older Americans Act to saving the lives of seniors and saving the economy:
- $12.13 million to OC in 2015
Nonprofit subcontractors increase the impact of funding
- Meals on Wheels, Case Management, and Home Services
- Senior Center Lunch Programs
- Aging & Disability Resource Center
- Adult Day Care and Legal Services
- Long-term Care Ombudsman
- Family Care Giver Support
- Elder Abuse & Neglect Prevention.
- Programs save Medicaid and Medicare dollars
- Reduce hospitalizations and institutionalization
- Increase wellness, dignity, and independence
Thank you for being an advocate for this very important funding.
Click here for more information on SeniorServ's programs and services.