Welcome to the employment webpage for SeniorServ! We're glad that you're Interested in a career with our agency!
Our goal is excellence through service to our clients in a caring and respectful manner. We are looking for exceptional team members who will provide high levels of service. We offer a wide range of career opportunities - social services, administration, kitchen production, congregate lunch dining centers – just to name a few!
SeniorServ is committed to the policy of providing equal employment opportunities to all those employed by SeniorServ in accordance with the Equal Opportunity Act of 1972, Titles VI and VII, and Executive Order 11246 as amended, in keeping with the spirit of the law. It is the intent of Community SeniorServ that there be no practice of discrimination against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, ethnic group identification, sex, age, physical or mental disability, nor shall SeniorServ discriminate unlawfully against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age (over 40), sex, political affiliations or beliefs. Community SeniorServ’s commitment to equal opportunity employment affects all personnel functions of SeniorServ, which include recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, promoting, lay-off and terminating benefits, employee development and compensation. The intent of SeniorServ’s Affirmative Action Plan is to secure low-income, minority and older employees whenever possible.
SANTA ANA ADULT DAY HEALTH CARE CENTER
Full Time including Benefits
SeniorServ is a non-profit service organization dedicated to assisting older adults in maintaining their independence and well-being. SeniorServ provides Home Delivered Meals, Congregate Meals, Adult Day Health Care, Adult Day Care, In-Home Services and other services as needed by the elderly population.
Reporting to the Vice President of Home and Care Services, the Program Director is responsible for the overall operation of the Santa Ana Adult Day Health Care Center. This position is responsible for directing and supervising the implementation of each participant’s individualized plan of care, leads center assessment teams, plans and monitors center budgets, ensures initial and continuing assessment of participant’s needs.
Major duties include:
• Responsible for implementing and managing the Adult Day Health Care Program ensuring compliance with all Federal, State and local regulatory requirements.
• Responsible for hiring and training employees.
• Supervises ADHC staff, volunteers and contract consultants. Provides regular staff meetings, assignments and scheduling.
• Develops center programs in accordance with the needs of the participants and community served.
• Schedules and facilitates in-service education, emergency drills, utilization review, pharmacist visits and Advisory Board Meetings.
• Actively promotes the benefits of ADHC as Community Outreach Liaison and targets potential funding sources within the community.
• Assumes responsibility for all case records, monthly statistics and fiscal records.
• Responsible for developing and monitoring center budgets.
• Responsible for ensuring safety of participants and employees and follows all regulatory safety requirements.
Graduate of an accredited educational institution with preference given to Social Work, Nursing or Psychology. Minimum two years experience in managing an Adult Day Health Care Center or program management experience or have related leadership potential in a supervisory position. Must have knowledge of the aging process and related psycho/social issues. Experience in or knowledge of physical, social and mental health programs operating within a licensed health facility or clinic. Must be able to communicate effectively, Computer experience is required. Must pass post-offer physical examination and receive TB clearance. Must have current certification in CPR and first aid training.
SOCIAL WORKER ASSISTANT
SeniorServ is a non-profit service organization dedicated to assisting older adults in maintaining their independence and well-being. SeniorServ provides a wide range of resources including: Home Delivered Meals, Congregate Meals, Adult Day Health Care, Adult Day Care, and In-Home Services.
The Assistant Medical Social Worker works under the direction of the Medical Social worker and has responsibility for identifying and assessing potential participants for the Adult Day Health Care Center. Assists with the initial intake, performs in-home assessments, completes evaluations and prepares reports on recommendations. Connects participants and their families to appropriate resources. Assists in developing care plans and discharge planning. Provides counseling and acts as an advocate for participants and their families. Performs other duties as needed.
Must have a Bachelors degree from an accredited school in the social services or related fields and at least one year experience working with the elderly or functionally impaired. Must have a valid California Drivers’ License and automobile insurance. Have good communication and problem solving skills. Must pass a post-offer physical examination, TB clearance and background check.
CERTIFIED NURSE ASSISTANT
Monday – Friday
The Certified Nurse Assistant, under supervision of the RN, provides personal care of functionally impaired older adults, takes vitals, assists participants with lunch meals and occasionally assists with activities. Performs other duties as needed.
Must have CNA certificate. One year experience working with the elderly preferred. Must pass post-offer physical and drug test, and obtain TB clearance. Must be able to lift 45 pounds.
Santa Ana Adult Day Health Care Center
1101 S. Grand Avenue
Santa Ana, CA 92705
Adult Day Health Care Centers- Anaheim and Santa Ana
Monday – Friday 25 hours/week
SeniorServ is a non-profit service organization dedicated to assisting older adults in maintaining their independence and well-being. SeniorServ provides a wide range of resources including: Home Delivered Meals, Congregate Meals, Adult Day Health Care, Adult Day Care and In-Home Services.
Under the general direction of the Program Director, the Program Aide assists CNA’s and Kitchen Supervisor with general assignments for the safekeeping of participants. Assists the Activity Coordinator in educational and social programs.
• Assists in food services to participants.
• Assists in kitchen duties.
• Assists Activity Coordinator with daily group and individual activities, such as exercise, games and crafts.
• Takes and maintains charting for participant’s weight, blood pressure and pulse as directed.
• May accompany participants on field trips.
• Assists in housekeeping responsibilities.
• Assists in therapy duties as supervised by the Therapy Aide.
• Performs other tasks as requested.
Must have 2-3 years experience working with the elderly population. Experience in providing care giving services which include assisting elderly or disabled adult in walking, transferring and toileting activities. Experience in providing structured activity programs to the elderly. Must pass a post-offer drug test, physical examination and obtain TB clearance. Must have current certification in CPR and first aid training. Must be able to lift 45 pounds.
FULL TIME JOB OPENING
CARE TRANSITION NAVIGATOR
The Care Transition Navigator is a clinical liaison between health care providers and recently discharged hospital patients to ensure continuity of care for patients’ transitioning from hospital to home. Receives patient referrals for services from hospital Discharge Planners, directly communicating with and assessing the discharged patient to reduce the patient’s possible re-admission to the facility. The Care Transition Navigator develops relationships in the community to continually provide clients with needed referrals and services.
• Works with hospital Discharge Planner and meets with patients before being released from the hospital.
• Explains the Care Navigation Program and services provided by SeniorServ.
• Visits discharged patient within 24 hours of going home.
• Ensures the patient is aware of and attends follow-up medical appointments
• Ensures that patient is receiving home health equipment and other services as stipulated in the discharge plan
• Ensures that patient has all discharge medication and identifies needs for education.
• Refers patient to Home Health or Program RN as needed.
• Conducts fall risk assessment and recommends safety measures to reduce falls.
• Contacts primary care physician if patient appears to have difficulty in following discharge plan.
• Documents any barriers or concerns patient is having transitioning from the hospital to home and following discharge plan.
Three years experience working in the community with at-risk populations. Master of Social Work from an accredited college or university or equivalent advanced college degree. Case management experience preferred. Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Good problem solving skills required. Ability to identify client and family needs and connect client to appropriate resources. Must have knowledge of community resources and regulations regarding benefits available to participants. Proficient in computer-based skills and have working knowledge of general office computer systems, internet, e-mail and desktop navigation. Weekend and evening work required. Must pass post-offer physical examination. Must have a valid California Driver’s License and automobile insurance. Background check required.
SeniorServ is an Equal Opportunity Employer